Thanks to the internet as it has enabled individuals to learn and implement a lot of DIY tricks to make many things easier. There are a significant amount of DIY tricks due to which homeowners do not have to call professional individuals for simple home maintenance tasks.
Big search engines like YouTube and Google are being widely used to handle small home repair and maintenance problems. However, not every time following DIY hacks results in something good. Sometimes, you may not be qualified enough to follow these hacks or there is any other reason.
You may have personally experienced that the taught DIY hacks are not good enough to spend time and money while learning and implementing them. Instead of benefits, they may cause some significant damage.
Summing up, it is true that many plumbing and other home maintenance issues can be resolved by following DIY hacks. However, the situation may not be fruitful in all scenarios. That’s why it is better to call a professional and reliable plumbing agency. In this article, we have mentioned everything about in which situations you should follow DIY hacks or call professional plumbers.
When Should You Call a Professional Plumber or DIY?
There are many benefits of doing things on your own by getting the required help from YouTube and Google. Other than providing a sense of accomplishment, one can also save money. Furthermore, there is no need to worry about hiring professional plumbers. However, doing things on your own while handling major problems can complicate things even further.
There are many home maintenance-related tasks for which seeking help from professionals is strongly encouraged. Some of such plumbing projects are cracked pipes, Kitchen or Bathroom Renovations, Moving or Rearranging Pipes, Roots Clogging Your Drain Lines, and Installing a Water Heater, etc.
Still, there are many plumbing tasks that even a novice can easily handle. There are plenty of Youtube sources and blog posts available that can assist you. We have given details of some simple tasks which you should try to do on your own.
These plumbing tasks are;
- Unclogging toilet: Unclogging a toilet is something which one can easily do on its own. Plunging a clogged toilet is a reliable way of doing the job. However, it may not be ideal for many individuals. Some easy and effective alternative methods of unclogging toilets are using dish soap, adding hot water or baking soda mixture, or usage of a plastic bottle, etc.
- Fixing a Leaky Faucet: The main reason behind the leaking faucet is a damaged or worn-out piece. It can be fixed by following these instructions. First of all, shut the water off and cover the drain. After carefully dissembling the faucet, replace the damaged parts. You can also find instructions from online sources.
- Unclogging Shower and Sink Drains: Handling with clogged shower and sink drains is comparatively less messy and daunting as compared to dealing with clogged toilets. It mainly occurs when a soap scum or hair gets caught.
- Repairing a Running Toilet: There are many possible reasons that cause a toilet to run that are the wrong length of chain, improperly sealed flapper, the incorrect fill level of float, or a worn-out seal. Just detect the wrong parts and replace them.
- Installing Shower Heads or Faucets: Installing new faucets or showerheads is comparatively a bit easier and simple task. One can easily do it with the help of instructions present in different online sources.
Why Should You Try to Avoid DIY Plumbing Repairs?
Calling a professional plumber instead of the DIY is definitely a better idea to handle some complicated problems. Because of following DIY tricks, one may end up worsening the situation and causing more significant damages. Even though you are following DIY hacks, it is necessary for you to have basic concepts.
Plumbing systems are usually very fragile. A user may try to solve some plumbing-related issues with the help of YouTube and Google. However, he might damage the plumbing system and thus can enhance the maintenance cost. DIY hacks are very risky to adopt. Below we have mentioned some reasons why one should try to avoid DIY plumbing repairs.
- You Misdiagnose the Problem: Since you do not know about most of the plumbing-related problems, you might misdiagnose the issue. A professional plumber is equipped with the right skillset and knowledge to properly diagnose any problem.
- You Could Create a Gas Leak: It is harder to detect problems associated with the gas heater. Other than that, these problems are also potentially very dangerous specifically if you are dealing with gas or electrical lines.
- You Don’t Have the Required Important Tools: Chances of you not having the necessary tools for solving a particular problem are quite high. Using improper tools for solving a problem can cause more issues.
- You Could Make the situation a Lot Worse: Without having basic concepts and the required skill set, there are chances that you can definitely make the situation a little worse. Furthermore, the DIY content is not always reliable.
- It Can Cost You Additional Money: A lot of guys follow DIY hacks to save money. However, taking things in your own hands can actually cause some additional damages and thus you may be supposed to pay more money.
10 Reasons Why It’s Better To Call A Professional Plumber Collingwood Instead Of DIY
Professional plumbers are more reliable and experienced in handling complicated plumbing issues. They are equipped with the appropriate tools and right skill set to easily handle the toughest challenges lying ahead. Below we have mentioned ten reasons why it is better to call professional plumbers instead of DIY.
- Detailed Diagnostic: A professional plumber is capable of making a detailed and accurate diagnosis because of the knowledge and skills he possesses. Other than identifying the root cause, he can also detect any other hidden factors that are causing damage.
- Speed: Professional plumbers are capable of handling the jobs more efficiently and effectively as compared to the DIY approach. Calling professional plumbers is a solution if you want an immediate solution.
- Myriad of Plumbing Services: Professional plumbers are trained to handle a myriad of plumbing services incorporating slow draining sinks, low water pressure, clogged bath or toilet, or dripping faucet, etc. They can solve all related problems efficiently and speedily.
- Safety: Plumbers are equipped with proper safety training to tackle dangerous situations. As you are not trained to do so, you may accidentally harm yourself.
- Emergency Service Delivery: Most plumbing issues can occur unexpectedly and may cause significant damage to your prosperity if not resolved on time. Anytime plumbing Collingwood agencies offer 24/7 emergency service delivery to tackle such situations.
- Access to Modern Equipment: Professional plumbers are equipped with modern equipment to easily and efficiently deal with the challenges. You are not equipped with the right tools to handle tough situations.
- To Maintain Your Warranty: Messing with appliances on your own and causing some damage can forfeit the warranty. Seeking help from professional plumbers is advised if you want to avoid this.
- Cost-Effectiveness: DIY hacks can sometimes cause you to bear some extra charges. Other than that, it also costs a significant amount of your time which can be spent on a better activity.
- Convenience: Professional plumbers offer a lot of convenience and comfort. There is nothing to worry about.
- 24/7 availability: Most of the plumbing agencies are available 24/7 meaning you can get help whenever needed. Thanks to the anytime plumbing Collingwood service, you do not have to worry more. Just call professional plumbers and seek their help.
Why Choose Drain Right Now As a Reliable Plumber Collingwood Service?
As mentioned above, trying to fix things on your own can actually cost you a lot. Other than causing some significant damage to your appliances, you are also nullifying the warranty. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that you are going to solve a problem by yourself. So, seeking help from professionals is definitely a better idea.
Finding a competent plumber Collingwood service, on the other hand, is not an easy task, since nearly everyone promises to be effective, beneficial, or even affordable. So, if you’re fed up with typing on Google, “plumber near me” to find a professional service, then seek help from Drain Right Now which is one of the best plumbing agencies.
We have a reputation for providing excellent customer service and high-quality workmanship at a reasonable price. For any kind of plumbing service, installations, or maintenance, Our plumbers are available at all hours of the day and night.
Why Choose us:
- Highly experienced and trained team
- Fast Response Time
- Highly Recommended Service
- Available 24/7
- Emergency service
- Licensed plumbers
- No Hidden Fees
- years of experience
- 100 % customer satisfaction